1. Only $37k in Matching Funds Left. If you (or someone you know) was on the fence about investing, now is the time! Only $37k of our original $100k in matching funds are available before the campaign expires this Friday, October 21.
2. Andrea Walker is Our 50th Investor. If you don’t know Andrea Walker from Beneficial State Bank, you are missing out. She is an amazing leader in the B Corp movement (Indeed, the banner image on our WeFunder page is the back of her head). Thanks to Andrea for being lucky number 50!
3. The #BCorp Champions Retreat is this Week. The theme of this year’s retreat is “Towards an Inclusive Economy.” One concrete means of building a more inclusive economy is to get more folks to invest in the Force for Good Fund.
4. $65k Raised for the Loan Loss Reserve. Thanks to Kat Taylor (Beneficial State Bank), Amy Levine (Cabot Creamery), Michael Pirron (Impact Makers), and John Replogle (Seventh Generation), we have raised $65k for our loan loss reserve. This money will be used to backstop any losses to investors if our fund does not do as well as anticipated. We hope to eventually have ~$250k in loan loss reserve for a $1M fund.
5. ~$145k Raised in Total. We have raised $45k in just under one week. That is a phenomenal result. Let’s keep the momentum going.
Will you share the Force for Good Fund via social media and with your friends and colleagues? Here are two sample tweets you could use:
Check out the Force for Good Fund, the first accelerator for #BCorp: wefunder.com/forceforgood #socent #impinv #crowdfunding
Want to invest in #BCorps? Check out the Force for Good Accelerator / Fund: wefunder.com/forceforgood #socent #impinv #crowdfunding #BCorp
Wefunder supports three different federal laws that allow startups to raise money legally. To comply with the law, Wefunder Advisors LLC and Wefunder Portal LLC (both owned by Wefunder Inc) also list startups depending on the regulation used.
Legal May 16th 2016
Wefunder Portal LLC
for 315 startups
Wefunder Advisors LLC
for 105 startups
for 3 startups
Curious how well the companies have done? Or how many raised follow-on financing?
Some fine print: 1) These numbers include startups currently live on Wefunder if they pass their minimum target. 2) Some startups use two different laws at the same time (i.e., Regulation D and Regulation Crowdfunding).
Join 497,618 investors who funded 402 startups with over $144.5 million1
wefunder.com/updates/89544-5-exciting-updates-for-you is managed by
Wefunder Portal LLC.
Wefunder Inc. runs wefunder.com and is the parent company of Wefunder Advisors LLC and Wefunder Portal LLC. Wefunder Advisors is an exempt reporting adviser that advises SPVs used in Reg D offerings. Wefunder Portal is a funding portal (CRD #283503) that operates sections of wefunder.com where some Regulation Crowdfunding offerings are made.
Wefunder, Inc. operates sections of wefunder.com where some Regulation D and A offerings are made. Wefunder, Inc. is not regulated as either a broker-dealer or funding portal and is not a member of FINRA.
You may also view our Privacy Notice.