The World's Best Ice Cream Meets the World's Busiest Beach
We're opening a new Ben & Jerry's location on the boardwalk of Venice Beach, CA
Note To Investors:
This offering is being made by Boardwalk Hospitality, Inc., a Nevada corporation, an independently owned and operated Ben & Jerry’s franchisee. This offering is NOT being made by Ben & Jerry’s Franchising, Inc., a Vermont corporation, that is the franchisor of the Ben & Jerry’s franchised system.
As a lender, you may look only to Boardwalk Hospitality, Inc., the borrower, for return of your principal and interest. Ben & Jerry’s Franchising, Inc. has not authorized or endorsed this offering. Ben & Jerry’s Franchising, Inc. does not stand behind this offering, and does not assure or guarantee in any way that your investment will be successful.
16 Million Annual Visitors
Our Goal: #1 Ben and Jerry's Franchise in the World
Our estimated sales range will be from a high of $300,000 a month in August to a low of $80,000 in January. We anticipate 70% of our business will be during the five high season months with the remaining seven months accounting for the other 30% of business. We will also supplement that by building a catering business where we will offer catering to office parties and birthday parties. We anticipate we need $80,000 of sales each month to break even.
Estimated Sales in August alone (yearly high)**
Venice Beach Average Temperature in August
Estimated Sales in January (yearly low)
**We hope to operate at approximately 20% net margins (EBIDTA). Based on comparative numbers from the San Diego store we estimate monthly sales from a low of $80,000 in January to a high of $300,000 in August. Please note that these are just pre-opening estimates. We project total annual sales in 2018 of approximately $2million.
We're Opening in Early October to Millions of Customers
- With the amazing weather in Southern California, both tourist and local traffic on the Boardwalk continues throughout the year.
- Venice Beach is only few miles away from Loyola Marymount University and Santa Monica Community College, which provides a steady source of hourly seasonal labor.
- We've already secured a 5 year lease, with a 5-year renewal option, for a 2000 sq. ft property across from the world-famous Venice Beach Skatepark.
- After our location and finances were approved by B&J headquarters, we went to their "Scoop University" for 8 days to learn everything from management to how to roll a perfect waffle cone.
- We will serve both Ben & Jerry's ice cream as well as Peet's Coffee.
- We plan to market our catering service to the nearby tech companies that have just moved in, including Yahoo, Google and Snapchat.
- Ben & Jerry's mission encourages community involvement, and we plan to work with local charities like “Heal the Bay” and the “Venice Free Clinic”.
Approved as lessee for Venice Beach Boardwalk
Located a 2,000 f2 space at best possible location across from famous Venice Beach Skatepark, one block from the highly successful Sidewalk Café/Restaurant.
completed Ben & Jerry’s Scoop School in Vermont
Scheduled to start build out and ship equipment
We Need Your Scoop-port to Build the Most Popular Ben & Jerry's Location Ever
We feel very confident that we have found not only the perfect location but also the perfect franchise for this location. The Venice Boardwalk is the second most trafficked tourist location in Southern California giving us a huge in-build clientele of daily visitors, both locals and tourists. We believe Ben & Jerry’s to be the most fun ice cream franchise that is perfectly suited for this location. Our consultant is an owner of the hugely successful Ben & Jerry’s franchise in San Diego and brings with him over fifteen years of experience. It also gives us the unique opportunity to train our staff at an existing high traffic location.
We have both been involved in the food business for many years. Mike even owned a Dairy Queen for two years! Mike and I have been business partners for 20 years and amongst other ventures are the founders of the Baby Genius brand.
We have put up all of the start up funds (over $200,000) ourselves and have no other outside investors. We 100% believe in this franchise and hope to open additional locations in the future. We are offering our investors a high rate of return in what we perceive as a very low risk business, plus, of course, you are always welcome to stop by for some ice cream or to talk to one of us in person as we will have a full time office at the store.
We welcome you as investors in this exciting project!
Klaus and Mike